I got some time to go paint today, and resumed work on Clothespin Imposter.
I’m trying to get the background to have some depth. I applied some turquoise glaze, very thin, on selected areas, then dry brushed to blend into the blue gradient I put down earlier this week. Then I worked on the white area at the bottom, creating an off-white by combining flake white with unbleached titanium white. Then I softened the edge between background and foreground by dry brushing.
Then I mixed up some oxide green and naples yellow to work on the rose and clothespin. I worked monochromatically, building up tones and contrasts.
Busy day tomorrow, but hopefully I’ll get back to work on it on Tuesday.